How scheme has helped Ben own his first home
The Riverside development is helping first-time buyers to get on the property ladder in Bath.
With more and more people struggling to buy their own property, Crest Nicholson has been offering the Government's First Buy scheme to would-be home owners.
The scheme, which is funded by the Government and developers, enables buyers to own their own home by only paying 80 per cent of the purchase price, with the rest being funded by a 20 per cent top up loan offered by Crest Nicholson and the Government.
In addition buyers only need to find a deposit of five per cent.
Limited Deal. All day wedding photography only £545.00View details
All day wedding photography only £545.00
From Bridal preparations to first dance.
250+ Hi Res images on disc with full printing rights.
Professional photography at affordable prices.
Free no obligation consultations.
Offer subject to availability.
Book before 31st May 2013.
Available in Bath, Bristol and surrounding areas.
Contact: 01225 439257
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Ben Cocks, 25, a recent first-time purchaser at Crest Nicholson's Bath Riverside development says he had nearly given up hope of buying his own home until he became aware of First Buy. He has now moved into his one-bedroom apartment at the scheme.
He said: "I was living with my parents in Bradford on Avon but I have a four-year- old son who stays with me every other weekend, so that wasn't an ideal situation.
"I had been renting previously, but it was impossible to save for a deposit while paying rent. I heard about the First Buy scheme after reading about it in the local press late last year, and noticed that it was available at Bath Riverside."
Susan Young, sales and marketing director at Crest Nicholson Regeneration, said: "We are delighted to be in a position to offer a helping hand on to the property ladder for first time buyers via the First Buy scheme."