Get involved in Big Energy Saving Week – 22nd to 27th October 2012
Residents are being helped by Bath & North East Somerset Council to cut their energy bills and reduce their carbon footprint as part of national Big Energy Savings Week which runs 22nd – 27th October 2012.
Big Energy Savings Week is being organised nationally by Citizens Advice and to support the week locally, the Council has come up with five top tips to help residents get involved.
Councillor Paul Crossley (Lib-Dem, Southdown), Leader of Council, said, "At a time when energy prices are rising, Big Energy Savings Week is a fantastic opportunity for people to take control of their energy bills, whilst keeping their homes warm and comfortable. Bath & North East Somerset Council is working hard with our local public and private sector partners to support communities to adapt to changes in our climate and become less dependent on high carbon energy."
Five great ways to join in with Big Energy Savings Week
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
- Freephone the Home Energy Advice Line to get advice on reducing your bills, and to find out if you are eligible for grants or support to make your home more energy efficient 0800 082 2234;
- Contact your energy provider to make sure you are getting the best deal from them, or look at switching provider to reduce your bill.
- Drop into the Manvers Street One Stop Shop or Bath Central Library to pick up information on how to save energy at home.
- Borrow an electricity monitor for free for 3 weeks through the library loan scheme. Monitors are available from all libraries in the area and can help you save 5-15% on your electricity bill;
- Attend the Councils 'Introduction to energy awareness in the home' workshop on Thursday 25th October 10am-1pm which will give an overview of how to improve energy efficiency in the home. To book contact Kathy Tate at the Council on 01225 477528 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more energy saving advice visit the Big Energy Savings Week website on www.bigenergysavingweek.co.uk
If you are inspired to get more involved, you can also help your community in the following ways:
Apply for a Local Energy Champions Award – Community groups can apply for £400 towards activities that will reduce carbon emissions. The deadline for the first round is Friday 26th October visit www.bathnes.gov.uk/lec for guidelines and the short application form.
Support Bath Green Homes – the community project organises a programme of events including an energy efficient open homes weekend in the Spring they are looking for people who could open their energy efficient homes to the public, volunteers to help prepare and run the events, and sponsorship and in-kind support from local businesses and organisations. To find out more, register your interest, or join the mailing list, visit: www.bathgreenhomes.co.uk
For all the latest news from the Council subscribe to its Twitter Feed: www.twitter.com/bathnes