Warning after chimney fires in Bath
People in Bath are being warned to make sure their chimneys are well-swept after two small fires last night.
Crews were called to a pub in Mead Lane, in Saltford, at around 5.50pm, after reports of a chimney fire in the bar area.
The first appliance used chimney rods to extinguish the flames from inside the chimney, before a second appliance from Bath was called to spray water from above.
They were at the scene until about 8pm, before returning again at around 11pm to check that it had completely gone out.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The second incident happened at a house in St Michaels Court, in Monkton Combe, and crews attended at 6.38pm.
Once again, the cause of the fire was accidental and fire fighters used chimney rods to deal with it.
A spokesman for Avon Fire and Rescue said there had been a number of chimney fires in the region during the past week and urged people to make sure their chimneys were maintained and kept clean.