Snow in Bath: the latest forecast
Another flurry of snow could be on its way to Bath today after a chaotic night which saw motorists abandon their cars and bus passengers forced to walk miles.
The snow came down thick and fast yesterday afternoon and into the evening, and the Met Office upgraded its warning of snow from yellow to amber.
The warning has this morning been downgraded to yellow. A yellow warning of ice remains in place alongside it until midday.
It is set to be a foggy morning, and the Met Office forecasts light snow from around midday until 6pm.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Temperatures look set to linger around the 1C mark, but it could feel as cold as -4C.
Another yellow weather warning of ice is in place between 3am and midday tomorrow, with the Met Office predicting icy stretches on untreated surfaces.
Thursday is set to be cold and cloudy, with temperatures dropping to -1C overnight. It could feel as cold as -6, however.
There are currently no weather warnings in place for Friday, but the Met Office says there is a 60 per cent chance of precipitation - that is, rain, sleet or snow - in the afternoon, and 40 per cent overnight.
Temperatures are set to reach highs of 6C on Saturday.
BBC Points West weatherman Ian Fergusson tweeted this morning: "As many on Twitter will attest, conditions in many parts of W Country last eve/night were atrocious & dangerous. Amber was wholly justified".
Melting snow could pose a local flood threat in the West Country over the weekend, BBC Points West weatherman Ian Fergusson has warned.
The weatherman tweeted at 9.59am: "By Sat into Sun, we will see spells of heavy rain & v windy weather for all districts. Rapid snow thaw & rain = local flood threat".
A number of cars have been abandoned on Bathwick Hill amid snow.
Avon and Somerset Police this morning tweeted: "We've had a lot of calls re: Bathwick Hill. 30 or so cars abandoned in #snow (2 in the road), we're trying to contact owners to remove them".
The Met Office has removed a yellow weather warning of ice in Bath.
Earlier today a yellow warning of ice was in place until midday today, alongside a yellow snow warning from midday until midnight.
Now, however, there is only a yellow warning of snow from midday to midnight.
A yellow warning of ice due to come into force tomorrow between 3am and midnight remains.
A yellow weather warning of rain has been issued for Bath on Friday.
The warning, which urges the public to be aware of localised flooding of low-lying fields, recreational land and car parks, as well as flooding of a small number of homes and businesses, has been issued between 3am and midnight.
Heavy rain is forecast between 3pm and 9pm. It is expected to subside to light rain, which will continue to fall overnight.
The Met Office predicts wet road surfaces and warns of the possibility of ponding water, especially in known trouble spots.
There may also be local travel disruption, including longer journey times. Motorists are urged to drive according to the conditions encountered.
A yellow weather warning of rain has been issued for Bath on Sunday as well as Friday.
The warning has been issued between 3am and midnight.
Rain is forecast from Saturday evening through to Sunday night. Heavy showers are expected overnight, due to subside into light rain by around 6am on Sunday.
More snow is forecast in Bath today.
Earlier today the Met Office predicted light snow from around midday until 6pm, but in its latest update it forecasts a flurry until around 9pm.
The Met Office has reissued a yellow weather warning of ice in Bath today.
The warning, which was in place but removed mid-morning today, has been reissued between 6pm on Wednesday and midday on Thursday.
A yellow warning of snow remains in place until midnight today.
A light flurry of snow is forecast in Bath at around 6pm. The Met Office predicts it will last for just a few hours.
The public are advised to take extra care, as icy stretches are likely.
Snow could fall for several hours in Bath this evening, the Met Office has said.
In its latest forecast, the Met Office predicts a light flurry until around midnight.