Proposals for Victoria Art Gallery charging explained
As previously announced by Bath & North East Somerset Council, proposals to introduce charges for some exhibitions at the Victoria Art Gallery are being developed as part of the financial plans to balance the Council's budget over the next three years.
The proposal being worked up is that the new arrangements would be:
- To charge for the large downstairs temporary exhibition gallery which drives footfall through new high quality shows that change every 6 to 8 weeks; charges may vary according to the exhibition on show and, because of the Gallery's popularity amongst repeat visitors, a Season Ticket option is being actively considered;
- No charge for the small exhibition gallery, which will continue to exhibit free selling shows by local artists and which will contain the Gallery shop;
- No charge for the upstairs galleries that exhibit the permanent collection.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
These proposals are still work in progress. The Council made clear at the start of the budget process that its budget proposals in the four Medium Term Financial and Service Plans being considered by our Policy Development and Scrutiny Panels were not final and could be changed.
Local people and organisations are being listened to via the recent Budget Fairs we held and our on-going consultation in the run-up to the budget setting meeting in February 2013.
Have your view
The Council values the views of local people when making decisions about our budget and the impact it has. In order to ensure that we get it right, we would like your help in answering the following questions:
- What should we do less of?
- What are your ideas for improving services at lower cost
- What services/communities should we make a priority?
You can answer these questions at www.bathnes.gov.uk/budgetview or write to us at Resources Team, 3rd Floor, Guildhall, Bath, BA1 5AW.
For all the latest news from the Council subscribe to its Twitter Feed: www.twitter.com/bathnes