New number plate recognition scheme for Waste/Recycling Centres.
New electronic Recycling Centre Resident's Permit introduced
A new, fairer scheme overseen by our Waste Services Team should ensure residents save time and money.
Limited Deal. All day wedding photography only £545.00View details
All day wedding photography only £545.00
From Bridal preparations to first dance.
250+ Hi Res images on disc with full printing rights.
Professional photography at affordable prices.
Free no obligation consultations.
Offer subject to availability.
Book before 31st May 2013.
Available in Bath, Bristol and surrounding areas.
Contact: 01225 439257
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
From 2 April 2013 residents will need a free electronic Recycling Centre Resident's Permit. Without this permit they will not be able to enter any of our three centres at Bath, Keynsham and Old Welton.
The Council pays a significant amount of money each year for non-Bath and North East Somerset residents to dispose of their waste for free at our recycling centres. We cannot continue to subsidise this. This new permit should make it fairer for all – residents pay Council Tax to allow them to dispose of household rubbish and recycling they create and not that of residents living in other authority areas.
As well as helping the Council save costs, we hope that this will also reduce queuing times for residents at the centres. Our neighbouring authorities have already introduced similar schemes.
Registration is free and for residents of Bath and North East Somerset only. Once authorised, their vehicle licence plate will be recognised electronically when they drive into our centres and prove automatically that they are a resident. The new Resident's Permit will last for three years.
The permit is not something physical that residents have to carry with them – it is an electronic authorisation based on their vehicle licence plate.
Residents do not need to apply for a permit if:
· They already have an electronic Van Permit and are using this vehicle to visit the centre.
· They have a resident's Discovery Card and show this on site (this allows free or discounted admission to various museums and other heritage sites in Bath and North East Somerset) www.bathnes.gov.uk/discoverycard
How to register for your permit
Registering is easy and will only take a couple of minutes. We just need to know your name, address and vehicle registration(s) – you do not need your Council Tax account number or any other details.
The easiest and most convenient way to register is online at www.bathnes.gov.uk/residentpermit
If you do not have access to the internet, Council Connect can help you with your application:
By phone: please call Council Connect on 01225 39 40 41
· In person: please visit your nearest or most convenient Council Connect One Stop Shop
1. Bath One Stop Shop, Manvers Street
2. The Hollies, Midsomer Norton
3. Riverside Keynsham
· At your local library:You can register at your local library by using the 'Free Access' facility available on the computers in all libraries.
· Recycling Centres are located at:
1. Pixash Recycling Centre, Keynsham, BS31 1TP
2. Midland Road Recycling Centre, Bath, BA1 3AT
3. Old Welton Recycling Centre, Radstock, BA3 2AA
Find out more