Libraries re-open after Easter with new fees
Each year Bath & North East Somerset Council's Library service reviews its fees and charges and we are pleased to announce some of the following changes for 2013/2014:
- People's Network – All customers will now get a minimum of 30 minutes free time on our computers
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
- Reservations – Reservation fees are being standardised to make it easier for our customers; the reservation fee for Librarieswest items will be set at £1.00 per item whether booked online or through a member of staff.
- DVD & Blu-Ray Hire – DVD & Blu-Ray hire will be reduced to just £2.00 per week
- Audio Books - Adults and concessions will see an increase of 10p per item. Children who borrow children's audio books will now get those items free instead of 20p, following a successful trial.
Councillor David Dixon (Lib-Dem, Oldield), Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods, said: "We're pleased to introduce a range of changes to allow people to get even more benefit from Bath & North East Somerset Council's libraries. In particular, the 30 minutes free use of our People's Network may help those who don't have computer access and need to prepare CVs or job applications. We also hope that the free children's audio books will help to encourage a love of literature amongst youngsters."
Library charges will remain the same for a number of services including hiring DVD/Blu-Ray boxsets, computer games, videos and music CDs.
A full list of our upcoming charges – which take effect from Tuesday 2 April – can be downloaded at www.bathnes.gov.uk/libraryfees.
Easter opening times for libraries across Bath and North East Somerset:
- Friday 29 March – All libraries closed
- Saturday 30 March – Libraries open as normal
- Sunday 31 March – All libraries closed
- Monday 1 April – All libraries closed
- Tuesday 2 April – Libraries open as normal.
In addition to these dates, Bath Central Library will also be closed from Wednesday 3 to Friday 5 April for maintenance work and essential training for staff to keep up to date and provide the best quality service to our customers. With maintenance work planned for the library this April, we are combining these two requirements together in order to minimise disruption.
The maintenance works will include improved lighting over the reading area, all carpets will be cleaned and additional electrical sockets will be put in for customers to plug in their laptops and mobile phones.
All of our customers who take items out will automatically receive a returns date after our closed dates. We advise all customers to take a receipt when taking items out or by checking their online account at www.librarieswest.org.uk with their membership number and PIN code.
For all the latest news from the Council subscribe to its Twitter Feed: www.twitter.com/bathnes