Family has lucky escape from Bath house fire
A Bath family had a lucky escape in the early hours of this morning when their safety measures stopped a fire spreading through their house.
Emergency crews were called to Valley View Close, in Larkhall, at 12.41am after reports that a small fire had started in the porch fuse box.
Two adults and two children had already been alerted by their smoke detector and were outside in the back garden.
Fire fighters used high pressure hoses to bring the flames under control.
Limited Deal. All day wedding photography only £545.00View details
All day wedding photography only £545.00
From Bridal preparations to first dance.
250+ Hi Res images on disc with full printing rights.
Professional photography at affordable prices.
Free no obligation consultations.
Offer subject to availability.
Book before 31st May 2013.
Available in Bath, Bristol and surrounding areas.
Contact: 01225 439257
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Avon Fire and Rescue has said the family closing all internal doors before they went to bed, as well as having a working smoke detector, had meant the incident was much less serious than it could have been.
Closing all the doors means a fire cannot spread easily through a property.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
For more fire safety advice go to www.avonfire.gov.uk.