Chimney alert after string of fires
People in Bath are being warned to make sure their chimneys are well-swept after a string of small fires.
Over a 12-day period this month, there were 15 different incidents which Avon Fire and Rescue Service helped extinguish.
No one has been injured as a result of any of the incidents.
The chimney fires have happened in areas including Wick, Paulton, Batheaston, Saltford, Monkton Combe, South Stoke, Keynsham and Compton Martin.
Limited Deal. All day wedding photography only £545.00View details
All day wedding photography only £545.00
From Bridal preparations to first dance.
250+ Hi Res images on disc with full printing rights.
Professional photography at affordable prices.
Free no obligation consultations.
Offer subject to availability.
Book before 31st May 2013.
Available in Bath, Bristol and surrounding areas.
Contact: 01225 439257
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
A spokesman for the fire service said: "One of the main reasons a chimney catches fire is because of a build-up of debris inside.
"Chimneys where fires are burning smokeless fuels, bituminous coal, oil or gas should be swept at least once a year.
"Those burning wood need to be swept every three months when in use."