10 things to do in Bath this weekend
1. Take a behind the scenes look at the Ustinov in a free visit on Saturday at 11am. Meet the production team behind these successful UK premieres. Although it is a free event you need a ticket. Book on 01225 448844.
2. Visit Weston Village Flower Show and Country Fair in Bath on Saturday at All Saints Centre and the playing fields at Weston from 1.30pm. A new feature will be a scarecrow competition with an Olympic theme.
3. You could also take in the Claverton & District Horticultural Society Annual Show which takes place at 2.30pm on Saturday, with various side shows and refreshments at Claverton Down Community Hall, Claverton Down, Bath. Admission is £1.
4. Due to the bad weather Bath Film Festival cancelled last weekend’s screenings of two Buster Keaton films in Parade Gardens. They have been rescheduled for this Saturday at 8.45pm. Picnics from 8pm. The films are Sherlock Junior and The Play House.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
5. On Sunday at 4pm, The Mayor of Bath will be drawing Bath Spa Band’s fundraising raffle at Parade Gardens Bath. Top prize is a hot-air balloon ride for two people over Bath. A full list of prizes is at www.bathspaband.co.uk. The concert starts at 3pm on the bandstand and finishes at 4.45pm. The draw will take place during the interval.
6. On Sunday there is a Alice Park Classic Car Show or Marque In The Park. On display will be more than 50 locally-owned classic and rare cars to enjoy. The fun takes place from 11am.
7. This Saturday is Ladies Day at Bath Racecourse. You can expect glitz and glamour with people who are dressed to impress. There are best hat competitions and a party after the last race at 7.40pm with live music and finally with a fireworks display. The first race is at 4.35pm and tickets are from £12 to £25.
8. Come to the recreation ground this Saturday and watch the largest men’s 8-a-side lacrosse tournament in Europe. At this pre-season tournament you can check out the 5 pitches of the ‘fastest game on two feet’ with aggressive hits with 33 top teams from the UK and Europe.
9. Also on Saturday, a social mountain bike ride meeting outside Cadence Bike Shop in Bath at 9:00am. The event is free for both adults and children and is aimed at mountain biking beginners. The ride will cover 15 miles off road around Landsdowne, so expect mud!
10. Photography is in focus on Sunday at Royal Victoria Park. An informal and friendly approach to digital photography is on offer at at 10:00am . If you have not ever ventured off the 'auto' settings on your camera then this is a way to make sure you are using your camera to its fullest.