10 things to do in Bath this holiday weekend
1. Enjoy an alternative type of music event, with the pedal-powered Penny Farthing Festival on Saturday, from 3pm to 11pm, at the Pavilion. The line-up includes a selection of local bands. For more information go to www.pennyfarthingfestival.com.
2. Bath Croquet Club is holding a charity open day on Monday to raise money for Dorothy House. People of all ages are encouraged to go along between 10am and 5pm. For more information go to www.bath.com.
3. Looking for somewhere to take the kids inside the weekend? Why not head for the Odean cinema in Bath where Walt Disney’s charming animated classic Beauty and the Beast is playing all weekend.
4. The community of Larkhall is coming together for its annual festival, a weekend of music, art, sport and activities. It culminates with a party in Alice Park on Monday. For a full programme go to www.larkhall-festival.org.uk.
Dyson DC50i - Bagless upright vacuum cleaner - BALL Technology -...View details
Thisi is Dyson's smallest upright vacuum cleaner with the performance of a full size upright machine. The DC50i has Dyson's most advanced cleaner head technology and 2 Tier RadialTM cyclones.
Terms: LIMITED STOCK OFFER. FREE delivery to most UK postcodes - Next working day dispatch.
Contact: 01664 491439
Valid until: Monday, May 27 2013
5. Enjoy the bank holiday by having a flutter at Bath Races. The first race at Monday’s event is at 2.10pm and tickets start at £10.
6. The first-ever So Natural Baby Festival is taking place at Green Park Station on Sunday, from 10.30am to 4.30pm. It will include stalls featuring handy products, expert talks and workshops and children’s entertainment.
7. The Instrumental Quintet of London will be performing at the Wiltshire Music Centre, in Bradford on Avon on Saturday. It starts at 7.30pm and tickets start at £8.
8. Teach your little ones about the origins of the modern Olympic Games with Much Ado About Wenlock, a piece of children’s theatre being shown at the egg on Saturday. Shows start at 1.30pm and 4.30pm.
9. Get out of the rain with the Saturday children’s matinee at the Little Theatre cinema. This week’s film is Dolphin Tale, which starts at 1.30pm.
10. Finally, why not sit back, relax and enjoy one of the weekly bandstand concerts in Parade Gardens and Royal Victory Park on Sunday afternoons.